prayer of a lost soul

prayer of a lost soul
in the name of the... amen. bless oh... my family.. guide them that they may continue to follow your will and remain under your care and undying love.. give them the strength to surpass all the trials that you have prepared for them.. bless them with good health and a good life.. my friends.. give them your wisdom in dealing with all their struggles.. shower them with your blessings as they remain faithful in your words by enlightening lost souls like me.. may they find enough courage to fight for their causes, whatever that may be.. and.. punish me... for everything i have done wrong.. burn me in the flames of hell and crush my selfish dreams.. i am a sinner.. unworthy of your graces.. let your will be done.. i love you.. ...amen. ______________________________________________________________________________________

Friday, April 24, 2009

realization..


i know i know, i posted an article just hours ago.. but it's my blog right? i have the privilege of doing what i want with it!

along with this post is a commitment or better yet, a resolution which i avow to strictly impose to myself starting today. nobody said anything that resolutions must only be made on new years..

just after i posted the blog preceding this, i made a realization. this is the only time that i have scrutinized my actuations since i was admitted in law school. how far have i gone? how bad have i been? and how did i come to be so fucking stupid? yeah.. stupid is the word!

after my lunch i stayed in pietro kaffee where i posted my "tell me" article. then shortly after i published it, i felt emptiness.. there was a deafening silence.. slowly engulfing my whole being! that's when i started to think and ponder. but like every commodity, there will always be scarcity. i crave for more answers.. i gave up! but then the thought continue to bother me even as i ride the taxi going to the park where i shall meet my friends.. apparently they are not yet here so i continued thinking.. until..

it dawned upon me.. i am what i am today because i allowed myself to become one. i have already told you in my previos blogs that i am a pleaser. and its my greatest vice. so far, there is no one to blame but me and me alone! thus my resolution(s):

firstly, I'M DONE HELPING EVERYBODY!

not that i will no longer do any effort at all but i want to be acquainted with the virtue of abstinence. dont help unless asked. mother theresa once said: "if you can't feed a hundred people, then feed just one." i guess its about time that i live with such words..

secondly, I'M DONE PLEASING EVERYBODY!

not that i fear of rejection but its been the primary reason why i feel so fucked up! this time around i would want to be more self centered, highly possessive and practical to the nth power! this time i promise to pamper myself with the things i want.. and the things i need.. and the things i used to take for granted and just give away. no more excuses. either a need or a plain want of luxury, i should have it! this time id be rude for others and more lenient for myself.

thirdly, and the most important of all,
I'M DONE ACTING LIKE A JERK FOR EVERYBODY.

you cannot fool me anymore. it's time that i get what i deserve. im done with all the giving and forgiving.. this time i want to see you do something for me.. and tell me in your own ways that i am appreciated.. that i am also loved.. that i am not mistaken for caring so much about you.. that i can cling on you, whenever.. wherever.. this time i want to you to prove me wrong!

i know this post will not reach to the person concerned in this blog since i never give him/her my link.. but i am hoping.. and i think it wouldn't hurt if i generally address this to everybody..

peace fellahs!

1 comment:

  1. i was reading your blog but it seems like its you whose reading my mind...because it happened to me just recently, just the same situation, although different personalities involved. yeah, your right, were done pleasing everybody. heroes got tired too. im done with it, im glad about your realization. to hell with them!!!!

    ReplyDelete